Floria 2011 Putrajaya Flower and Garden Festival 9-17 July 2011 is an annual event organised by Perbadanan Putrajaya. It is into its 4th year and the details are as follows:
Venue: Waterfront Precinct 2, Putrajaya
Opening hours: 9am - 10pm (Mon - Thurs) and 9am - 12 midnight (Fri-Sun)
Theme: ROSES ARE FOREVER
Today I had the chance to pop in for a visit and I am so delighted because roses are my favourite. Now, I'm back from my blog holiday!
“Putrajaya Floria 2011 - Part 1 A Prelude to Roses Are Forever”, a copyrighted post, was written for My Nice Garden blog by Autumn Belle @ http://www.mynicegarden.com/ on July 8th 2011.
This is what you see near the main entrance.
The Floria 2011 site occupies about 6 hectars of land space.
Kenya is the largest exporter of roses.
|9. Hibiscus rosa-sinensis - this flower is jumbo BIG!|
- Handicraft -55 stalls, Flower and garden tools - 50 stalls, Food and Beverage - 40 stalls,
- look out for orchids, fruit trees, farmers seeds, spice and herb plants
- look out for ornamental plants going for RM 10.00 or lower
- fertilizers, planting medium, gardening equipment
- books and magazines
|10. Desert Rose - 3 colours of white, pink and yellow|
|11. Desert Rose - Double Flower Variety|
Highlights of Floria 2011
- Special Rose Gardens
- International Gardens, Society Gardens, Grower's Gardens, Corporate Gardens, PBT and NGOs Gardens, School & University Gardens, 9 Flower Associations
- Sculpture Garden
- Therapy Garden
- Floral Pavillion
- Talks, workshops, performances, cooking and plant demonstrations
- Entertainment and daily activities
- Photography competition
- Water colour competition for schoolchildren
- Garden Bazaar and Horticulture Market
- IMalaysia International Tourism Night
- Night Floral Parade
- Boats lit up by colour lights and decorated with floral designs (Theme: Magic of the Night)
- Fireworks Show - a 5 minutes fireworks display every night during the period
- On July 13 and 14, a chef will prepare dishes with rose petals for visitors to enjoy
For more information, you can visit their official website here.
Note: All pictures were taken at Floria 2011 today. More pictures in my facebook page (see sidebar).